FOR FIRST-RATE TRUCKING EQUIPMENT & HEAVY SPECIALIZED HAULING
We are a transportation broker that specializes in heavy hauling. Our business has contracts with more than 2,000 carriers, with as many as 20 axles and hauling capacities from 1,000 lbs. up to 1,000,000 lbs. Our highly trained personnel can identify and provide you with adequate carriers with proper insurance for your load and can provide on-site consulting for your particular hauling needs.
Our staff of professional associates has a combined experience of over 180 years in the transportation field.
We keep updated on industry changes and technology, enhancing our ability to provide superior service to our customers throughout the United States and Canada.
Our qualified office staff verifies that the carrier’s credentials and insurances are current and meet industry standards. We process necessary paperwork quickly and efficiently to ensure quick pay to carriers. We will poll our carriers for the best rates and availability for you.
A REPUTATION THAT CAN’T BE BEAT!
EXPERIENCE | INTEGRITY | PRIDE | HONESTY | TIA MEMBER SINCE 1994
WHY WE CARRY
CONTINGENT CARGO INSURANCE
We at Platt & Associates do our best to ensure we are using qualified carriers with adequate insurance and authority and a satisfactory Safestat record.
Contingent cargo insurance has become very important due to all the unknowns in the carrier's insurance policies.
WE CANNOT RELY SOLELY
ON THE TRUCKER’S CERTIFICATE OF INSURANCE
We cannot rely solely on the trucker’s certificate of insurance to protect our shippers or ourselves. Any one of the below circumstances could eliminate insurance coverage for a loss or damage claim.
We came to the conclusion that we need quality contingent cargo insurance to address the unknowns and the circumstances that interfere with the settlement of legitimate loss or damage claims.
EXAMPLES OF UNKOWNS
The cause of loss or damage may not be covered by the carrier’s insurance policy. The certificate does not tell us:
- The exclusions on the policy.
- What coverage is missing?
- What type of coverage did the carrier buy? A very narrow named perils policy or a broad form all risk type of policy.
- Are there commodities that are not covered?
- What did the trucker decide not to buy? Is theft included? Is unattended theft excluded? Driver theft is almost always excluded.
There are other circumstances which we may not be aware of that could prevent the trucker’s insurer from paying a claim.
- The trucker goes out of business.
- The insurance company becomes insolvent.
- The policy is cancelled, but we are not notified.
- The trucker has a high deductible.
- The trucker refuses to accept responsibility.
- The trucker refuses to cooperate with their insurer.
- The trucker’s insurer will not respond at all.
- The trucker and their insurer delay everything.
Often neither the driver nor the dispatcher is aware of conditions that could void coverage. For example:
- Must the tractor be hooked to the trailer at all times?
- Is there a radius restriction?
- Must the tractor and trailer be locked?
- Is the power unit listed on the policy?
- Are there restrictions on where the truck must be parked overnight?
Specialized in Hauling
We can haul your load no matter the size, length, width, height, or weight! We have available heavy haul truck drivers in the United States and Canada to transport your loads and heavy equipment.
Overloader, Overdimesional & Oversized
HEAVY HAUL SHIPPING
We are a transportation broker specializing in heavy hauling. Our business has contracts with more than 2,000 carriers, with as many as 20 axles and hauling capacities from 1,000 lbs. up to 1,000,000 lbs. We can identify and provide adequate carriers with proper insurance and on-site consulting for your hauling needs.